In recent years fermented food have become trendy and some regard them as superfoods. Fermented foods are not simply the latest craze, nor a fad. They have been around for...
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 400g black beans, canned, drained
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 onions, chopped
- Combine quinoa and water in saucepan, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan; add onion, green pepper, celery and jalapeno. Sauté for 7 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in fresh tomatoes and carrots and sauté 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans, chopped tomatoes, and seasonings; cook about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Ladle chilli into bowls and top with onions if desired.