In recent years fermented food have become trendy and some regard them as superfoods. Fermented foods are not simply the latest craze, nor a fad. They have been around for...
- 500g whole brown lentils
- 1 medium onion halved
- 1 medium carrot halves
- 2 celery stalks halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Add the lentils, onion, carrot, celery and by leaf to a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and reduce heat, simmer for 1 hour.
- To make the dressing, mix the oil, lemon juice and mixed herbs.
- Drain the lentils when cooked and pour into a bowl, add the dressing and stir in spring onions, celery and parsley.
- Allow to cool, cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator before serving.