In recent years fermented food have become trendy and some regard them as superfoods. Fermented foods are not simply the latest craze, nor a fad. They have been around for...
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 to 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp chopped currants or raisins
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp grated fresh parmesan
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
- Slice tops off tomatoes. Remove pulp and seeds and discard.
- Salt tomatoes lightly if desired and turn upside down to drain. Set aside.
- Sauté spring onions and garlic in olive oil, then stir in parsley, capers, almonds and currants or raisins.
- Add quinoa and combine thoroughly. Stuff mixture into tomato shells and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.